More BAföG 2020/21
BAföG rises from Winter Semester 2019/20
Once BAföG had already increased significantly in the 2019/2020, the second stage of the increase now comes into force. For the coming Winter Semester 2020/2021, Bafög will be increased again while increasing the allowances for the trainees 'assets and the allowances on the parents' income. Students who have not yet received the full maximum rate can count on more BAföG.
Among other changes:
- The BAföG maximum rate rises to € 941.
- This includes the basic requirement, which rises by 2% to € 427.
- This includes the housing supplement for BAföG-funded students who do not live with their parents, which rises to € 325.
- Those who are insured as a voluntary member of the statutory health and long-term care insurance (for example, from the age of 30) or have private health and long-term care insurance can receive a subsidy of up to 189 € for the contributions to the health and long-term care insurance.
- The allowances of the parents of students are raised. Their basic allowance increases to € 1.890 for married parents or € 1.260 for each parent in all other cases.
- For own children (up to the age of 14) a child care supplement of € 150 per month is paid on application per child.
Head of department
Phone: 03731 383282 03731 383282
Fax: 03731 383281