Information about coronavirus (SARS-CoV 2)
If you are planning a trip abroad or if you are traveling back from abroad, we ask you to inform yourself comprehensively.
Measures in the Studentenwerk Freiberg
Here you will find an overview of all activities related to the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV 2):
- 02.11.2020 - Due to the tightening measures ordered for November to contain the pandemic, new regulations also apply again in the Studentenwerk. In the cafeterias, until November 30th only 2 people sit at a table - consumption on site is still possible. Mouth and nose covers must be worn in all corridors of the Studentenwerk. For appointments in the areas, the visitor's contact details are recorded. Furthermore, the following applies: With symptoms that indicate COVID-19, staying in the facilities of the Studentenwerk is prohibited.
- 18.05.2020 - The daycare centers of the Studentenwerk are open again for all children. The general decree of the Free State of Saxony stipulated that the groups must be strictly separated.
- 18.05.2020 - In addition to the to-go offer, meals can now be consumed directly on site.
- 04.05.2020 - The canteens of the Studentenwerk Freiberg open again. For the time being, dishes are only available to take away. Wearing a mouth and nose cover is mandatory. Access is prohibited for anyone with symptoms of a cold.
- 20.04.2020 - The Saxon State Government has released the exit restrictions of March 23, 2020. In the future there will be no reason to leave the apartment necessary. A contact restriction remains in effect, which means that a maximum of 2 people who do not belong to a common household may come together. The minimum distance of 1.5m must be observed (also applies to visits to the dorm!). In public transport and when shopping, wearing a mouth-nose cover became mandatory (a scarf or cloth is also sufficient).
- 20.04.2020 - By general decree, the emergency care entitlement in the daycare centers was expanded. You can find an overview of the areas of critical infrastructure here. It also applies that both custodians must belong to the critical infrastructure in order to be entitled to emergency care. Exceptions to this rule are: health care and nursing, emergency services (including the fire brigade), public transport, police or prisons, school service and child day care (including school children in final classes with their own children who are responsible for childcare), local government or state administration, provided that a person with custody of a guardian is tasked with fighting the corona pandemic. Here it applies that one person with legal guardianship must be active in the aforementioned areas and the second person with legal guardianship must be prevented from attending for operational or business reasons.
- 01.04.2020 - Due to the closure of the canteens, the laundromats were converted in the dormitories, so you do not need to charge your Student-ID to use this.
- 24.03.2020 - Change in the right to emergency care: from 24.03.2020 children can also be brought into emergency care if a parent (who is custodian) works in the healthcare system, in the area of outpatient or inpatient care or in the police service.
- 23.03.2020 - With the general decree of the Free State of Saxony, exit restrictions will come into force on March 23, 2020. These include the following measures:
- Leaving the apartment / flat share / room without good reason is prohibited.
- Exceptions are for example:
- Averting an immediate danger to life, limb and property
- Practice of the profession (this also includes the way there and back to the respective workplace),
- There and back to emergency childcare
- Purchases for personal needs
- Visits to the post office
- Visits to the doctor, therapies, blood donation
- Keeping appointments with authorities, courts, bailiffs, lawyers and notaries that cannot be postponed
- Visiting spouses and life partners as well as long-term relationships, sick people or people with restrictions (no friend visits!)
- Sport and exercise in the fresh air, exclusively alone or accompanied by a spouse or partner with whom you live
- Care of animals
- The general decree you can find here.
- 17.03.2020 - As part of the general decree, the Saxon state government has prohibited the operation of student canteens and cafeterias from Thursday. The canteen Freiberg opens on 18.03.2020 and then closes until 20.04.2020.
- 17.03.2020 - Due to the closure of the Mittweida University of Applied Sciences, the Mensa Mittweida is likely to remain closed from Wednesday, 18.03.2020 until 20.04.2020.
- 16.03.2020 - No disadvantages for BAföG recipients! According to the decree by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, payments under the BAföG are made as if the lectures at the universities had started as planned.
- 16.03.2020 - To protect against further infections caused by the corona virus (SARSCoV-2), there are no personal consulting times in the entire Studentenwerk. Instead, please use the telephone and e-mail for all questions and problems. We'll help you anyway.
- 15.03.2020 - The canteens of the Studentenwerk will open regularly on Monday, 16.03.2020. When using the facilities, we ask for consideration and compliance with hygiene tips (see below).
- 13.03.2020 - By order of the city of Freiberg and in accordance with the decree of the Saxon state government, the daycare centers Hornmühlenweg and Campuszwerge will remain from 16.03. up to and including April 19 closed. Information about the closure can be found in the News.
- 12.03.2020 - Disinfectant dispensers have been installed in all public areas of the Studentenwerk to support personal hygiene measures.
- 11.03.2020 - The Studentenwerk's pandemic plan has been put into effect.
10 Tips for hygiene
- Robert Koch Institut
- Auswärtiges Amt
- Bundesinstitut für Risikobewertung
- Bundeszentrale für Gesundheitliche Aufklärung (BZgA)