More BAföG 2020/21
BAföG rises from Winter Semester 2019/20
Among other changes:
- The BAföG maximum rate rises to € 941.
- This includes the basic requirement, which rises by 2% to € 427.
- This includes the housing supplement for BAföG-funded students who do not live with their parents, which rises to € 325.
- Those who are insured as a voluntary member of the statutory health and long-term care insurance (for example, from the age of 30) or have private health and long-term care insurance can receive a subsidy of up to 189 € for the contributions to the health and long-term care insurance.
- The allowances of the parents of students are raised. Their basic allowance increases to € 1.890 for married parents or € 1.260 for each parent in all other cases.
- For own children (up to the age of 14) a child care supplement of € 150 per month is paid on application per child.