More BAföG 2019
BAföG rises from winter-semester 2019/20
The BAföG rises significantly. At the same time, the allowances, that is, the amount from which the income of the parents is credited, increase significantly. Students who have not yet received the full rate can expect significantly more BAföG from the winter semester 2019/20.
Among other changes:
- The BAföG maximum rate rises from € 735 to € 933 and to the winter semester 2020/2021 again up to € 941.
- This includes the basic requirement, which rises by 5% from € 399 to € 419 and then again by further 2% to € 427 for the winter semester 2020/2021.
- This includes the housing supplement for BAföG-funded students who do not live with their parents, which rises from € 250 to € 325.
- Those who are insured as a voluntary member of the statutory health and long-term care insurance (for example, from the age of 30) or have private health and long-term care insurance can receive a subsidy of up to 189 € for the contributions to the health and long-term care insurance.
- The allowances of the parents of students are raised. Your basic allowance increases by 7% from autumn 2019, before it is credited to the BAföG. (rises by another 3% by the autumn of 2020 and by another 6% by the fall of 2021.)
- For own children up to the age of 14, a child care supplement of € 140 per month is paid on application per child. In autumn 2020, the surcharge will increase to 150 €. So far, only children up to the age of 10 were considered.